Nov 19, 2008

Losing Things.

Don't you hate it when you lose something? My mind is very occupied lately with three things I have lost. I am SO sad that I have lost them. I am not the type of person that loses things and I confess that the FEW times I have actually lost something.....

Like my 12 year old last summer in Rhode Island,
My CTR ring when I was 8 and living in Sedro Woolley, WA,
A library CD that I lost in Lawrence, Kansas

I have always been able to say a prayer and find my missing item almost immediately. But I confess I have not tried prayer yet this time because I feel a little sheepish praying about a movie gift card, a Barnes and Noble gift card and a birthday check from my grandpa. They do not seem to be in the same category as my own child or a "choose the right" ring. But I am very consumed with wondering where they could be. Things were very crazy and out of sorts around my birthday time and I have no idea where these three very special and important gifts have gone. Yes, I have checked all my purses and all my pockets and the basket by the phone that is the holding area for papers etc that come into the house.

Very interesting that in the midst of my searching for lost items I am due to teach Luke 15 in Seminary tomorrow. All about the lost sheep, the lost coin and the prodigal son. Now the sheep just wandered off casually on it's own. I hope that did not happen to my gift cards and check that would be a very interesting concept :) The coin was dropped and lost because of inattention....that is probably the category my loss falls into. And the Prodigal Son made a deliberate choice to leave....I cannot imagine my gift cards not wanting to be spent and deliberately leaving me :)

I really hate having lose ends hanging out there. Can you imagine my struggle when I first learned about the Bermuda Triangle? Or poor Amelia Earhart? Talk about loose ends. And now my missing birthday gifts to add to the unsolvable mysteries list......sigh.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Aaahh! Lost things are making us so mad tonight. Chris just had to pay $40 (YES...$40!!!) for a lost movie DVD. It was an old Hardy Boys movie that we had checked out for our boys. Maybe the $40 is worth a prayer!!

Anne Marie said...

I think you should definitely pray to find your birthday gifts. I hope you had a great trip in honor of your birthday. I hate losing things, and I am very good at it...in fact, I've lost 3 wedding rings (mostly due to the fact that my weight has gone up and down so many times, changing my finger size, and then the rings just slip off when I get skinny). I gave up wearing one about 6 years ago.