Dec 23, 2008

Mr. Sunshine


Dearest Mr Sunshine,


Please do not take this wrong. You are definitely my hottest friend and always will be. I love it when you shine on the 20 inches of snow in my front yard and make it sparkle. I love it when you make it warm enough that I can go to the beach. I love to close my eyes and feel your warmth wrap around me and lull me off to other places. I love how happy and motivated you can make me feel, I love it the best when you shine through clouds and I can see rays coming out of the clouds......definitely my favorite!


But all those things said, in my kindest voice ever, could you please stop shining on the fingerprints on the windows, the dust bunnies in the corners, the dust on the piano and the hand prints on the wall. In January you can shine all you want because then I will have time to face, and deal with, all these flaws that your winter brightness has revealed. But during December when I can do nothing about the mess it is very unkind of you to remind me.


Just talk to Mr. Cloud and all his buddies and invite them to cover you until January 5th when the kids go back to school and the tree is down and I have all the time in the world to wash windows and paint walls and dust.


Go shine on Florida and California. They need you. They pay a lot to live there because of you.


Love, Jennifer

1 comment:

Bernd and Rachel said...

Well said and amen to that Jenn! Of course here in Western PA, we see the sun so rarely that we all look like we've just come out of our caves when the sun shines-squinting and shielding our faces.:)