Feb 4, 2009

Follow The Leader


Follower:
1. a person or thing that follows.
2. a person who follows another in regard to his or her ideas or belief; disciple or adherent.
3. a person who imitates, copies, or takes as a model or ideal: He was little more than a follower of current modes.
4. an attendant, servant, or retainer.


Cast your eyes over to the side of my blog...the left side...now scroll down, down, down, now stop, do you see the word follower? Yeah, I know. It freaked me out at first too. One day when I was minding my own business and logging into blogger to write yet another exciting and informative post for you there was this little green guy on my dashboard page and next to the little green guy were the words "1 follower." I was intrigued. Usually you do not want to tell people that you are a follower. Life teaches you to be a leader, right? And I have never considered myself the leader type. Leaders come up with their own ideas. I never, ever do that. I read, listen, ask a gazillion questions and carefully research everyone else's ideas and then combine all the info I liked from everyone else into my own idea that works for me. I am not disciplined enough to be a leader.I liked the idea of a follower, who wouldn't? But it did make me worry a little. What if I let my follower down? I did not even know who they were but I was very grateful to them for being brave enough to say they followed me :)


Now honestly, we all know they do not truly follow me they just like to read my blog regularly if they truly followed me that would mean that:



they really love to do what I say to do (boy, I wish just once I knew what that felt like :)

like me, they wear their coat in the house in during the winter...yes, even when fixing dinner :)

like me, their favorite colors are red and green

like me, they say they are going to exercise everyday and then don't

like me, they like water with ice

like me, they wonder about everything

like me, they choose to blog rather than do the dishes

like me, they choose to play with friends above everything else.....yes, even above a BYU education :)

like me, they think that ignoring someone, rather than communicating with them, is the rudest thing in the world and the most inmature way of dealing with your problems



Nah, I think it just means they read my blog a lot. Which is ever so nice for the little old self esteem. I have a blog that I regularly read and I happened to notice one day that she had 114 followers. I know crazy, huh?


One day I was signing onto blogger and guess what? I saw the little green man standing in the corner as always but now the words next to him said, "2 followers." I was thrilled. That was when I decided it was time to go public and I moved my two followers to my front page for all to see. And when I did that I acquired 2 more followers bringing me to a total of four followers. If you want to follow me you sure can. I should confess up front that I really do not know where I am going. But if someone tells me where to go I am very good at following directions :)

5 comments:

Mama Parker said...

I love your blog. You have the "ord" sense of humor and you always make me laugh!

CJ said...

Hi Jen!
Now you have 5 followers!! I found your blog from some other people's blogs and I am glad that I did! I love blogging and reading blogs and you and Brian always made me laugh. You were so sweet and he was such a trouble maker! Jason and I still chuckle about some of Brian's comments. We live in MA now and I am freezing but I am glad we are not in the middle of another ice storm and power outage. I have a link to my blog in my profile if you want to take a look.
Take Care,
Cherie

Camie said...

Believe me, you have a lot more than 5 followers--we just aren't all public followers! I am laughing so hard right now!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Oh. my. goodness.

You are hilarious! Dying over here. This post will forever be in my mind whenever I see blog "followers".

I think you should do a bit of research and get your blog "out there" - you would never need to be looking for a money-making job again.

Brianne said...

Following blogs is the easiest way to know when a blog has been updated without having to run up somebodies page counter! You have a great blog, so of course people would want to follow it!