Mar 31, 2009

Hunger Games.


Okay, this is what you need to do today.

Stop cleaning the house.

Stop reading your scriptures.

Stop scrap booking.

Stop canning peaches.

Stop exercising.

Do not change into something more presentable.

This is not a "you need makeup" moment.

Run to the car.

Drive to library, RUN in and find the book The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

What? It is not there? Figures.

Change of plans.

Get back in the car drive to the bookstore you feel eternally committed to.

RUN in.

Find The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

BUY IT. You can eat beans and rice for a couple of days, if needed.

Stop at the grocery store on the way home.

Run in and rent videos for the kids.

Also purchase frozen pizza or chicken nuggets for dinner. Throw in a bag of salad so they know you care.

Hurry home and cancel your visiting teaching appointments.

Plop the kids in front of the TV (one day is going to not harm them)

Give the kids a box of sugary cold cereal to eat and their own box of band aids in case of an emergency.

Sit and Read!!


This book is amazing. I found out about this book from my sister Sarah, she found out about it because it was recommended by Stephenie Meyer on her website. So I bought it for Madeline for Christmas and she read it and then has been begging me for a couple months to read it. I was very skeptical after reading the inside front cover. I worried a little bit about it being gory. Frankly, I just was not sure if I was going to like it. But I am so glad I finally spent a day reading it. It was a very interesting story. It is a Young Adult book so when you are looking for it you may find it in the Young Adult section. I think superb tale of, "physical adventure, political suspense and romance" about sums it up.


You really put yourself out there when you recommend something. I have been thinking about that subject a lot lately. If you see or read or listen to something that I recommend then that helps you to possibly know something about me. What my thresh hold for swear words is. What my tolerance for descriptive scenes is. But I have decided the risk is worth it to me because I simply can not stand enjoying something on my own. I have to make sure that you have every opportunity to feel the same happiness I feel. :)


5 comments:

My Many Coloured Days said...

It's officially on hold.

I just caught up on your blog. You need to publish this. Your essays are hilarious and so relatable. LOVED the teacher conference one and the gardening... you say what we're all thinking but shock us with your witty analysis!

Kristy said...

Sweet. I'm heading to Barnes & Noble.

Melissa said...

Thanks! I just added it to Good Reads so I don't forget- I love a good book!

another day in the life of... said...

it is the next read for me too. thanks for the loan.

Sarah Jones said...

I'm so glad that you liked this book! I can't wait for the sequel. :)

Sarah