Mar 4, 2009

I Am Off.

Hey, all my best friends, I am flying to Utah today to spend all the money I do not have on suits, white shirts, belts, ties etc for Zach who is heading off to Estonia for his mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. When I am done with all this preparing I will be able to write a book about "How to get your child ready for a mission while you are two time zones apart." :)

I have not been to Utah in oh so many years......at least 6 years...I think. I have not been on BYU campus since Brian and I left Utah in 1991. I imagine things have changed a ton while I have been living my life in Kansas, New Jersey, Indiana and Massachusetts.

I am meeting Melissa, Kathy, Kelleen, and Kristy in Provo on Thursday night to eat at PF Changs. I am staying with Kristy in Salt Lake City. And I am SO excited. Brian is worried I won't focus and remember that my main priority is getting Zach ready and not partying. Brian is also a little worried about Zach and I shopping together. You see Zach and I are both money conscious freaks and we do not believe in, "you get what you pay for," well I guess we do believe, we just can not muster the strength it takes to spend the money.

I confess that the strangest thing about living far away from family your whole life is that your family becomes the people in your ward at church. So I am feeling a little guilty that I love extended family but I am more interested in seeing my old friends. They know so much more about me. They have been there witnessing all my struggles. They have been my family. I really do not have any idea what it is like to live by family. You know, I could see my cousins on the street and not recognize them? How sad is that?

Anyway, I will be back on Sunday night and back to blogging on Monday. If you miss me you should look through my old posts there are more than 250 of them and there is actually some really good stuff in there....like the time we rescued an injured seal, stories about the kids with chalk and all about our trips to Boston and New York City.

5 comments:

The Motherboard said...

Kathy told me you were coming out... I hope you have a splendid time!

(don't feel bad. I hate to spend money too!)

CJ said...

Have a safe trip :)

Kristy said...

Woo-hoo! Let the party begin.

Scribbit said...

Have a wonderful time! Grab some Brick Oven pizza for me :)

Anne Marie said...

Hope you've had a great time. Excited to hear of your adventures.