Aug 31, 2009

A Letter.


Dear Teachers of all the Baird Children,

Well here it is the evening of the first day of school I am sitting at my kitchen table surrounded by papers of every color from every school in this town. I have my favorite pen and thankfully I have practiced for this day. It started when I was about 8 and discovered a fascination for perfect penmanship. Lucky for us all I practiced and practiced and practiced my signature. And it has come in handy for two things...buying a house and signing all the papers from school. SO please note my fabulous signature :) I am also using my fine handwriting skills to make a list of everything you need to make your school year with my child perfect in every way. Hand sanitizer, (which I confess I am not a believer in) kleenex, (I believe) 3 ring binders, paper, pencils, and oh so much more. While I was making my list of all your needs I wondered what would happen if I sent you a list at the beginning of each school year of what I needed? You know things I need to make things go smoothly here at home while you are educating my child.

So here is my list of what I need....by tomorrow:

New pants,cardigan sweater and button up shirt from Ann Taylor Loft
(so I can look good for conferences :) One bottle of Pantene ProV Restoratives Frizz Control Ultra Smoothing Balm...no generics please
( we do not want any Baird children having meltdowns at school because their mom has frizz do we?)
A gift card to Panera Bread
So I can eat my favorite Caesar Salad everyday thus having energy to get those Baird kids to bed on time so they behave at school
A bag of Reeses
A happy mom makes happy children
Some cute stickers
For my exercise chart at home
Some sharpies
I confess I love the way they smell...... oh, and of course I need them to write you notes.
Four bottles of Elmers Glue
So that I can return it to you unused at the end of the year
Rubber Cement
Just because I want you to wonder all year what I need it for.

Many thanks for all you do to make my school year fabulous. And please do not forget to sign this and return it to me tomorrow so I do not have to write your name on the chalkboard in the kitchen :)

3 comments:

mkbluebonnets said...

Awesome! My favorite is the Rubber Cement....what DO you need it for?

Kristy said...

I know why you need the rubber cement. You like to paint it all over your hands, wait for it to dry, then peel it off and shape it into tiny bouncy balls.

Am I right?

Pam Mueller said...

Love the letter. Can I give a copy to all my kids teachers??