Nov 30, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jog.

Well we pulled into our beloved driveway this morning at 3:00 am. Even at 3 in the morning the kids were able to muster one last fight as they piled out of the car and headed dazedly to their beds.

I have so much to tell you about and so much that I wondered about on this epic road trip that I was thinking we should just go have lunch together today. I could just talk your ear off and you could sit there smiling at me, occasionally interrupting me your very wise and clever replies. It would be so much more fun that way and it would get me out of my sweats and pigtails......please, please, please..... just say yes.

Alright, I guess you are right, that is not very realistic (are you surprised that I came home from my trip still not realistic :) so I guess I will just dump everything that is on my mind here in this blank blogging rectangle so that you will know what to look forward to reading about this week and then I will go face Mount Laundry, grocery shop and stare dejectedly at the trash in the very "lived in" car.


Drinking Caffeine at Midnight...I am so relieved that I do not have to face Mr. Dr Pepper again until our next road trip.

Getting Up Early to Shop?...Yes, I went. Yes, I purchased. Yes, you want to know every detail.

The husband, killing chickens and messing with time.....Yes, you should not miss this one.

Advice to People Getting Married....went to a wedding reception on this trip..the first wedding reception I have been to of kids I really, really knew and I confess I had so much on my mind as I sat there thinking about weddings and receptions and such.

Driving By Your Old House....it had been two years since the kids had been back to Indiana.

Somewhere in Idaho Listening to, Cheaper By The Dozen....places we have been and the books on tape we were listening too at the moment.

So, my friends I am very excited for my blogs this week. But do be warned that if something major happens like I lose ten pounds, find my self confidence, my curly hair does not frizz, the children peacefully deal with their differences, or the husband gives me his man room..... that our regularly scheduled programming will be interrupted.....but I highly doubt that will happen :)

1 comment:

Pam Mueller said...

I would love to go back to Indiana. I miss our old home and the people. You lucky thing you!