Jul 22, 2011

Julie, Kristy, Shannon, Kathy, and Alyson.

"Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you are only a day away " Do you have friends? Tomorrow I am going to see four friends that I have not seen in a very, very long time. This is epic...this is Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants...this is Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood....this is well.....this is ....well I guess this is the stuff movies are made of :)

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....(Lawrence, Kansas) there were six girls who watched Survivor together every Thursday night. They ate luscious treats like stuffed mushrooms, artichoke dip, and won tons. They talked, and talked, and talked. They laughed until they wet their pants. They bonded in an epic way. Life moved on and some of them moved out of Lawrence some of them stayed in Lawrence all kinds of life happened to all of them. But strangely they always knew each other was there. When I have been hit with the hugest trial of my life (ahem.....the kind of trial you bring on yourself...the best kind :) I knew I could reach out across the years and the miles and confess and overshare to my hearts content and these girls would always love me no matter what. And even better they never misunderstand me. They love that I hate to leave things unresolved. They love that I am obsessive. They adore that I can not let go of anything. They....hmmm I better stop while I am ahead :) They could very easily comment on this blog and then you would know the truth :)

So the whole point is these girls are all meeting in Utah this very month. I am flying to Utah tomorrow. And Monday our epic fun begins. It has been oh so long since we have been together. We are eternally sad that one of our members of our possee can not come join our fun. We are going to eat amazing food. We are going to hike. We are going to Park City. We are shopping. We are solving all our problems. We are taking tons of pictures.

Before the fun starts with the girlfriends I am going to be getting my bum right off the airplane and procuring a rental car and going to pick up my oldest child Zach and his new, awesome friend that happens to be a girl and driving them back down to Provo to BYU so we can visit. I am dropping them off and then I am turning right around and heading back to Salt Lake City to stay with my dear friend Kristy. I can hardly wait to see her. And I confess the view of the lights of the city from around where she lives is pretty flippin sweet. I do love views and lights together.

Sunday morning I am getting up early and having breakfast at a friend's house. A most dear friend from Indiana who now lives in Utah. After breakfast I am going to church with my dear brother Jeff. Jeff and I talk maybe twice a year but we always love each other the most. Uncle Jeff is the most amazing cook ever so I am hanging with him until I am well fed.

I am really looking forward to my airplane ride. I love airports. I love traveling. I have no idea why it makes me have such longing. I always look around at all the people waiting for the plane and wonder about their lives. Where they are going? Where they came from? If they are happy? What they have decided about me? The only thing that would make it all complete is someone to tell all the details too :) I guess that is going to have to be my little old blogging rectangle.....lucky you :) So stay tuned for pictures and fascinating commentary :) You love that :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

so excited for you!

Ackerman/Mejias Family said...

I've always wanted to do that with a friend or two, or three;)... Meet once a year and catch up, eat, play, chat, etc. I'm envious!
Have a blast, my neurotic companion! I'll be thinking about you...and all that food! You'll have to tell me more about the food!

Kristy said...

It's true. I adore you. What you call quirks I call endearing.

Camie said...

It sounds so dreamy--what a fabulous time for some incredible women. I credit each one of you for teaching me how to be a grown up. I met you when I was a baby girl with a brand new baby girl of my own!! I look up to each of you so much!