Aug 9, 2013

The Beagle Connection.

The other day when I was driving through town, feeling more than a bit melancholy. I found myself sitting at a stoplight and as I sat there I felt something looking at me. Usually when I feel that feeling I never, ever succumb to it but for some reason this time I turned my head to the left and looked straight into the deep, dark brown eyes of a beagle. An adorable, floppy eared beagle. He was sitting in the passenger seat of the car next to me and his window was down... not all the way down... but down far enough that his doggy head could rest perfectly in this space between the car door frame and the part way down window. I wish I had a picture of it so you could see it. My windows in my car when they come down do not create this perfect space. But for some reason when this cars window comes part way down it creates this space. Mr Beagle was just resting there looking straight at me and I am telling you he looked at me exactly the way I felt. Yes, what I am saying is that I connected with a beagle at a stoplight. I am 85% sure that he understood my mood exactly and he made me wryly smile at the realization.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

it's a sign...

Nichole Roskelley said...

A sign of all signs. You need a dog. A dog. woo woo. :)