Oct 3, 2013

What Is Trending :)

You know how wondrous it is to have something new to obsess about, right? Do not tell me you do not adore that feeling of knowing you have found a new series to watch, or a new book to read, new music to listen to, new food to eat, a new hilarious Youtube video? My whole entire life I have always felt extremely compelled to share what is trending in my life with everyone around me because I am really hoping I get to see them enjoy it as much as I did. I love, love, love to bring joy when I can. I do not want to keep my latest discoveries to myself that is no fun at all. So I decided that I needed to tell you what is trending at my house at this very minute so that you can find eternal happiness.

BYU TV....Studio C, Audio Files, and The Song That Changed My Life!!! I adore all three of these shows and you can watch all of them on your computer if you do not get BYU tv on your tv. Studio C is a comedy...basically a clean version of Saturday Night Live. I laugh and laugh through this show. They do some very clever skits and I love that my kids can watch it with me.

The Song That Changed My Life is amazing. Each show features a different group like Sixpence None The Richer, Sara Watkins and Sondre Lerche just to name a few. During the show they tell you all about themselves and their career and in the process of telling they lead up to telling you about a song they heard at some point in their life that changed them, the way they viewed the world, and the way they perform. I have gained way too many new favorite groups from watching this show.

The show Audio Files is also on BYU tv and it is another way to discover some of the nations most favorite bands. Because of this show I am now a loyal follower of Mates of State and Jack and White. They even have a show about Imagine Dragons that they taped long before Imagine Dragons were who they are today. Trust me you will not regret going to your computer and watching yourself a few episodes of any of these shows :)

Another show my Amanda recently introduced me to is Master Chef Junior. It comes on television on the FOX channel on Friday night. We watch it on the computer whenever we want to after it airs on Friday night. It just started last week and I LOVE it. It is twelve 8-13 year old kids cooking to win the title of Master Chef Junior. Their dishes are judged by three master chef's. They have an hour to make whatever they want to go along with whatever the category or theme is. I was stunned by what these kids can cook. It appears that they have stunned the judges too. Usually Master Chef is for adults so this junior show is a whole new thing and I sense by the chef's comments as they sample these kids dishes that they are blown away and that their expectations were not very high going into this. I am wondering about these kids parents and when they started these kids cooking and how they know how to put ingredients together like they do. You should really check it out...no really I mean it :)

Lest you think all we do is watch television these days another thing that is trending at our house is cupcakes in the form of Mama Cakes. I shamefully have never been one to obsess about supporting a hometown business until I happened upon Mama Cakes in downtown Westfield. I have sampled my share of cupcakes in my 44 years on earth and these are by far the most moist and have the best tasting frosting ever. My little girls and I frequent Mama Cakes way too much. Her mini cupcakes are only a dollar...so easy to justify. Her flavors are so interesting. I can not bring myself to partake of the maple with bacon on top but everything else from lemon, to mint, to Reeses to well anything you can imagine they are fabulous and have made me a huge advocate of supporting a hometown business. And they are so handy for bribing 11 and 13 year olds to do whatever you want them to do :)

Another thing I am obsessing about is redwood trees. I have figured out a way to use them as part of a presentation I am in charge of in November and before I knew it I had ordered every book I could find in the Massachusetts library system on them and in my reading have gained a huge respect and love for these trees now. They are so old. They are so resilient. The are so immovable. They are fireproof because of the tannin in them. It is just amazing to me how much thought went into these trees and how they live. If you have not been to California and seen the redwoods or their cousins the Sequoias you really should try to go. There is nothing more awe inspiring than standing in a grove of redwoods realizing how small you are.

It is fascinating for me to sit here and think of all the different obsessions I have been through in my life. There was Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog phase....Say Yes To The Dress phase.....Kid History Phase.....Lord of The Rings phase.....the chicken phase.....This American Life phase....Out of Africa phase.....Hunger Games Phase...Harry Potter phase....folding socks phase...haaahaaa never really had one of those I just threw that in there to see if you were still reading :

1 comment:

Marty C. said...

Aren't you still in the chicken phase?