Nov 8, 2014

Living In The Moment.

What does it mean to live in the moment?
 Is it a good thing or a bad thing?
What does someone who lives in the moment act like?
Do we like people who live in the moment?

I have a dear friend who recently mentioned to me that I might want to try some of the, "living in the moment" thing. It will probably not surprise you that I have been over thinking this concept ever since...I am pretty sure that a person who was truly practicing living in the moment would probably not do much over thinking about it....bless my heart :) And since I do not really have anyone in my life right now who wants to exhaust this topic with me I am going to torture the 37people who read my blog by unloading all my wonderings here :)

Honestly and truly I am extremely curious about this living in the moment thing. I am trying to wrap my mind around what it means and if I really do need to do it. I can not imagine what life would be like if I were not trying to think about how my choices in this moment will affect my upcoming moments. When I sit very still, close my eyes, and just breathe I can not tell you how attractive just living in the moment sounds. But is it possible? Is it good for me? Will it make me better? How do you even do it?

Does it mean I do whatever I want trying to trick myself  into believing that in the next moment it will not matter?

Does it just mean taking deep breaths and appreciating what is going on around me? You know...admiring nature?  If this one is it I already do it...whew :)

Does it mean I throw all caution to the wind in the name of the moment?

Does it mean I am selfish?

How do you know when the moment you are currently living in ends and the next moment starts?

Is there a difference between living FOR the moment and living IN the moment?

Let me tell you if I am supposed to be living for the moment that moment will need to involve some great views, someone who thinks I am the best thing since sliced bread, some steak, and a long drive ....throw in some good laughs and some connecting and then I am definitely IN the moment.

I think after all my wondering about this I have to come back to what the parental units always taught me.....moderation.....balance....if you go to far towards one extreme it's probably not a good idea. So I probably should make sure I have some living in the moment to my life but I should also make sure I have an equal amount of not living in the moment in my life .....balance.....right? :) Whew, aren't you glad I figured that out we would not want an overthinking live in the moment 4 foot 10 inch girl roaming the planet....would we?


No comments: